29.5.16

The Spring Outfit


As I'm writing this post, I'm looking through my office window and watching the rain drops fall on the panes. I realize how disconnected I am to this warm and cosy feeling I had a couple of weeks ago, when I wore this perfect spring outfit for the first time, enjoying the first real spring week-end after what seemed like years of gloomy winter. I'll try to bring this feeling back as I tell you more about this outfit.

Now, I have to start by saying that I am not a fan of showing my legs - or any part of my body for that matter. But for some reason, I found myself shopping in Zara a few weeks ago (that's not the unusual part) and picking up all sorts of mini dresses, flirty jumpsuits and revealing shorts (that's where I wasn't my usual prudish self).  After trying on many unflattering pieces that made me very self-conscious, I put on this little black-but-still-floral-so-it-counts-as-spring jumpsuit number. And it was love at first sight.

So I came home with this beautiful Zara jumpsuit (similar one here), excited to see how I could style it.

The material is very flowy and soft, which is perfect for hotter days, and the long 70's vibe bat leaves make it very spring appropriate, when it might still get chilly or windy and not quite summery yet. The low V neck and cross-over shape looks very feminine, and if you're not comfortable enough to wear it on its own, like I was, you can very easily wear a lacy cami or pretty bralet underneath. The elasticated cinched in waist, balanced with the flowy and not too short shorts are perfect for me! 
The gorgeous print on the black fabric is 100% up my street : floral and spring-like but nothing too over-the-top. 

I love this jumpsuit so much! And it was quite affordable (29,95€ / £25), which is always a plus.



I paired this beautiful jumpsuit with one of my wardrobe staples and most worn pieces : my dark green leather jacket. I got it 2 or 3 years ago as a Christmas gift from my mom, and don't know where it's from (there's no label, or I have taken it off). 
I still love it as much as the first time I tried it on, and find myself wearing it non stop from March to October each year. I love how it fits, and I love that the leather is quite worn and vintage-looking on some parts. The green leather and gold hardware looked great with the colors of the flowers on the jumpsuit, and I'd like to think that the jacket made the outfit a little bit more put together and stylish.

For accessories, I finished this look with my black Zara sandals that I got a few months ago but didn't have a chance to wear yet (thank you rainy and grey Paris weather). They're very comfortable and simple, perfect for a relaxed and casual spring or summer day. I like the braided leather across the toes, and the slightly pointed edge which looks quite sophisticated. They go with so many outfits; I'm sure I'll get quite a lot of wear out of them, and they were only 19,95€ (£19,99) so cost per wear will drop ridiculously low ! Love it.


Since it was a rather sunny day, I wore my Iyu Design sunglasses : slightly cat eye shape, big and round, grey tortoise shell. Again, affordable (29€) and easy to wear, I've worn them lots lately and really love it.


To finish off this outfit, I chose my Jerome Dreyfus camel Charles bag, one of my favorite handbags. The color of the leather went quite well with the black jumpsuit and green jacket, and the braided beige strap recalled the sandals detail and added a nautical hint that was very appropriate with the location of this week-end (find out more about where I was and why in a coming post !). This bag is not too big that it gets very heavy after a few hours of walking around, and not too small that you have to choose between your lipstick and your sunglasses (impossible choice if you ask me).



So here you have it : my perfect spring outfit !! I felt really comfortable and confident wearing it, even though I normally don't enjoy showing my legs too much :) I'm probably going to wear it a lot in the coming weeks ! Just one note to myself : maybe fake tan my pillow-white legs next time !

Which was your favorite piece of this outfit ?

3 commentaires:

  1. Ce commentaire a été supprimé par l'auteur.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. My favourite piece has to be the jumpsuit. I love everything floral printed.
    Also, these photos are very lovely and the location looks incredible.

    Lots of love, Mikolt
    http://mikoltkiss.blogspot.com/

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Hi Mikolt ! I'm glad you liked the jumpsuit, I felt like if was the key piece of this outfit too :)
      This location is truly dreamy, it's called Etretat, in Normandy (on the French North coast). You should come visit it if you ever have the chance !

      Lots of love, Anais
      xxx

      Supprimer

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS